I can't believe it's been almost an entire month since I last posted! What the heck?! I am not sure if anyone even reads this anymore, but that's okay. I need to catch up for journaling purposes!! I feel like we have been so busy but we haven't really been doing anything! Does that make sense?! So let me just give a little recap of the boys...
Austin - is doing awesome at school! He was recently moved into ALP (Accelerated Learning Program) for math and reading. He has enjoyed the extra challenge! Football is going okay. We are less than impressed with the way this season has been shaping out. It looked so promising and just has not lived up to our expectations. I won't go into specifics here (mostly because I am sure no one cares but also to avoid offending anyonw who might stumble upon this!). Regardless of all that, Austin is having fun and learning A LOT about being a good sport.
Collin - has adjusted beautifully to 2nd grade. He loves his teacher! He is currently studying the American Revolutionary War and so we get to here all sorts of facts when he gets home. I love it! Last week he started karate through a joint program between the school distrcit and Young Champions of America. So far, he really likes it. We love how cheap the program is! Collin has also joined a bookclub at school and the Kid's Care Club!
Jackson - has had a rough time adjusting to preschool. I think the time that they go has been the hardest challenge for him. (They go from 11-1:30 with the bus picking them up around 10:35 and bringing them home around 2:15) We finally have a develpmental assesment scheduled for him in January. It has been extremely unsettling to realize what he should have already had done for him and hasn't. I am really hoping it's not too little too late! He did, however, particpate in our ward's Primary Program. He got up and said his line and I am sure no one, besides me, understood him. But he did it! We've made loads of progress with his willingness to go to his Primary class and I am so grateful for that!
Kyle - is doing great at school. He and Jack are in different classes but go at the same time to the same school. It's been great for Kyle. He has a pretty small class and has enjoyed making new friends. He also participated in the Primary program. His speech still isn't the best, but it is really starting to come along.
So, that's really all we have going on. I can't believe it is almost the end of September already!! Time sure flies!!
1 comment:
Hi Beth,
So, I drive by your neighborhood 2-3 times a day, and everytime I do, I think about you and how I should call you/e-mail you, so I am finally doing it! E-mail me edennison@yahoo.com I would love to chat with you and hopefully get together sometime!!
THanks!
Liz
Post a Comment