Saturday, November 06, 2010

A disappointing end to a fantastic season...

Sigh....what a day. Today was a big playoff game for Austin's football team. And it ended with a loss. We played so well the 1st half but just couldn't get anything going in the 2nd half. I am just so proud of Austin. He started this season, way back in August, having NEVER played tackle football before. He had a huge learning curve and caught up extremely well.

His team won the Honesty and Integrity Award for their age division. This is an award that the opposing teams, official and field reps vote on. And, as a parent, I am so proud to be a part, and have my son be a part, of a team that demonstrates sportsmanship, dignity and integrity win or lose. That is what I want my kids to learn from sports. Because in life, there are winners and losers. And the kind of person you are is determined by how you respond to winning and losing. I want them to do it with grace and dignity whichever side of the score board they are on.

With that said, here are some pictures of our last game of the season. I am not sure how we will handle all of our "free time" now....


Proud Mustang Moms



My sweet friend Lisa and I



Let's go Mustangs!!



Go #8



Right before he made a sweet tackle



So proud of my boy!!

No comments: