Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Teacher Gifts, part 1

Can you believe it is already that time of year again?! Seriously, school years never went by this fast when I was a kid!! With the close of every school year I am left wondering what to do for the wonderful teachers my children have been blessed with. At our school, they often do a big group gift from the class, which I love! And I am sure their teachers do too But I like to do a little something special from our family. This year I had all 4 of my kids in school. (When did I get that old?!) The twins have 6 teachers! You read that right 6! And they are all great! So I was trying to decided what to do for them that would be meaningful and not break the bank! Here is what I came up with:







It is actually really simple. I recently went to Bath and Body Works to purchase some new summer scented candles. (Have you smelt these?! They have some AMAZING scents! My personal fave is salted caramel. It smells so good I want to eat it. But I havent....yet!!) Anyway, while there I noticed the soaps were on sale 6 for $20. Pretty good deal! So I bought 6 of the new summer scents. I noticed they were all fruit scented and that got my wheels turning! I decided to go with the "fruit" theme and got a Jamba Juice gift card to go with them. I put them in a little bag and tied a ribbon. The note I attached reads


"You may not have noticed the

'fruit' of your labor, but know

that you have made a difference

in our lives."

Love,

Jackson and Kyle"


I am sure some of you could probably come up with a better saying, but I wanted their teachers/specialists to know how much they have meant to our family. And what they have done for them really has made a difference.


I thought they turned out cute. Stay tuned for the gifts I am working on for the older boys' teachers!












1 comment:

Wendy Beebe said...

Way darling idea! I love that you combined the Jamba cards with the "fruity" scents--so clever! They'll love and appreciate it.