Monday, March 04, 2013

The New Beth...

I am in competition with no one.
I run my own race. I have no
desire to play the game of being
better than anyone, in any way,
shape, or form. I just aim to
improve, to be better that I was
before. That's me and I'm free.
 
 
I saw this quote on Pinterest and fell in love with it. (I couldn't add the image of it for some weird reason.) Anyway, I have decided that I am going to adopt this as my new mantra! I think it sums up the kind of person I want to be perfectly. I am tired of comparing myself to other people and having that makes me feel inferior. I have been trying so hard lately to let things go. I have a tendency to take things really personally. I have a tendency to make a situation a bigger problem than it ever was. I have a need for other people's approval. And I have decided it all needs to stop. And it needs to stop now! I was recently hurt pretty bad by a rumor. (I am pretty sure it was a rumor) Either way, it has affected several relationships with people I thought were good friends. I let it affect me way more than I should have. I let it eat at me until it made me sick. Well, no more! I am living life for me! Wish me luck....I'll need it!!

1 comment:

Wendy Beebe said...

The only person you should be worried about pleasing is God. When you put your trust fully in Him, all other things fall into place because you have confidence in Him. D&C 121:45. Love you, Beth.