Thank you to everyone who offered their advice! It was all so good and helped us a lot! Plus, it's just nice to know you aren't alone!
We have come up with a game plan that I think will work well for us. Our first step is to write down EVERYTHING we spend for the next 2 weeks!! I think this will freak me out when I actually sit down and see where our money is going. From that point, we are going to create a budget that we both feel comfortable with. We honestly tried to do a budget, but when you don't really know where your money is going it's hard to say where it should be. Does that make sense? We also decided that we needed to set goals for our family. Financial goals. I don't want to deprive us or our kids out of things. Like a meal at McDonald's or something like that. But we need to set limits. We really don't do stuff like that often, but we need to be more aware of when we do treats. Since it is the new year, we also recommitted to paying tithing EVERY paycheck. Sometimes we forget or put it off when we have a lot of stuff due at once.
So, that is our plan. And since this is my blog, I am going to get track of our progress on here so that I will remember this time when things are better for us :)
1 comment:
This is a really cool idea that you are doing! One of my goals this year is to keep every reciept and store it in a folder by month. We are only done with the first week of January, and I have way too many receipts so far! It's scary!
Good luck to you on all your goals. Nothing is unattainable, it just takes forever!
Post a Comment