First of all....WOW! I never imagined the warm, loving responses I would receive when I first sat down to write last night. Words can't begin to express how much your responses have meant to me. Every time I got a new one, my heart would swell with love and peace. It was amazing. I am sorry if I wasn't able to respond personally to each of you, but please know your words touched me.
We met with our pediatrician today. After discussing some of our concerns about Jackson and a few questions from him, he told us that he does believe Jackson falls somewhere on the Autism spectrum disorder. He can't tell us where he is for sure, but he gave us some additional information on getting him properly diagnosed. So we called Children's Hospital and we are hoping to hear back from them within the next few days. That appointment will give us a better idea of where he is and what we need to do for him.
The last 24 hours have been a whirlwind of emotions for me. I have cried tears of sorrow and tears of joy. I have laughed and cried. I have been comforted and given comfort. It's been crazy and I think it is just a glimpse of what the future holds for me.
I have accepted the fact that my kids aren't perfect. Okay...I have always known that! But I think I have come to the point where my idea of perfection has changed. Is it really important how smart or athletic my kids are? No! What is important is that they are healthy and happy and that they feel loved.
I guess you could say that I feel empowered. I am not alone. And I have more people than I ever realized in my corner. I will get through this and I will get my sweet son through this. Thanks to all of you!
2 comments:
Beth,
I love your family and think you are a great mother. I wish we didn't have trials in our life but we become strong because of them. Jackson is a child of God and He loves him and you, remember that when days are tough! He will never give us more than we can handle but sometimes when things are tough it's had to remember that. You are in our prayers and if we can ever do anything for you let us know.
Beth - I wanted to write yesterday. But I tend to stick my foot in my mouth, and didn't want to make you feel worse. I've been thinking of you all day. Glad to hear you're doing a little better. It's always better to see the road ahead, even if it's a difficult one. Your boys are so sweet, I'm sure they get that from you!
Post a Comment