Today started with Collin waking up with a goopy eye. My first thought was pink eye. One trip to the pediatrician confirmed that it was, indeed, pink eye! Lovely!! The good news is that Collin is a total rock star at letting me put eye drops in his eye!
We talked with the twins' preschool teachers today. They aren't entirely convinced that it is autism but they aren't entirely convinced that it isn't. So glad they cleared that up! Much like my research, somethings they think fit perfectly and others don't seem to fit at all. They are going to arrange for the district's psychologist to come in and meet with Jackson. because if it isn't autism, we need to figure out what it is! They believe that is development delays are more severe than they had anticipated. So we are going to have his evaluation done at Children's Hospital. From what they have told me, they will look at the "big" picture. They won't just focus on autism but on other disorders that could be contributing to his delays.
I feel good about our course of action. It's never easy to admit that your child has some kind of issue and it really isn't easy when you are trying to figure out what it is. I think the hardest part is waiting! I just want to get Jackson whatever help and/or services that he needs!
We talked with the twins' preschool teachers today. They aren't entirely convinced that it is autism but they aren't entirely convinced that it isn't. So glad they cleared that up! Much like my research, somethings they think fit perfectly and others don't seem to fit at all. They are going to arrange for the district's psychologist to come in and meet with Jackson. because if it isn't autism, we need to figure out what it is! They believe that is development delays are more severe than they had anticipated. So we are going to have his evaluation done at Children's Hospital. From what they have told me, they will look at the "big" picture. They won't just focus on autism but on other disorders that could be contributing to his delays.
I feel good about our course of action. It's never easy to admit that your child has some kind of issue and it really isn't easy when you are trying to figure out what it is. I think the hardest part is waiting! I just want to get Jackson whatever help and/or services that he needs!
3 comments:
aw Beth you are great! I miss the twins so much! Patience brings blessings :) something i have always learned. They are all in my prayers every day!
Beth, you are doing all the right things. As they say, work as if it all depended on you and pray as if it all depends on God. Your boys are lucky to have you as a mom.
I'm glad that you have a plan and that you are feeling a little better. I'm happy that you have some support from the school and you doctors! Love ya and want you to know that I think of you and the boys often!!!
Post a Comment