Friday, February 18, 2011

What's the 4-1-1?!

So, I announced on Facebook and my blog last Friday that we are moving back to Arizona. Since then, I have been asked a lot of questions! So, I figure I should answer them all at once. So, here it goes....

Q: Where are you moving?
A: Arizona....more specifically Gilbert. We lived there for 6 years and loved every minute of it! We really hope to find a house in Austin's old school boundaries and in our old ward. That may be a tough order to fill, but we have time!

Q: Why?
A: Travis HATES his job here! He loves the company he works for and loves most the people he works with. However, he completely loathes his job duties. He was hesitant to look for a new job in such a bad economy but then he saw this new job and decided to go for it. He is staying within his company which is nice because we won't be without benefits!

Q: When?
A: Travis flies down for quarterly meetings on March 1st and comes home March 2nd. His first day at his new job will be March 14th. So he will probably leave here either Saturday the 12th or Sunday the 13th. However, we decided it would be best if the boys finish out the school year here. So, we will be here until then. We don't have an exact date yet because we are still waiting to get Jackson's evaluation scheduled. It will also depends on when we can move into a new home down there.

Q: Are you excited?
A: Yes and no. We have all missed Arizona and some of us never wanted to leave in the first place! But we have made some great friends in Colorado that we will miss greatly. While I don't necessarily love the snow, I have enjoyed having 4 seasons.


So that is about it! I am not sure when we will have the exact move date nailed down. Hopefully by the beginning of May.

6 comments:

Jaymie and Donna Jones said...

FYI.... tons of houses for sell in my nieghborhood. THere is even one on auction! Just a thought:)

Julie said...

Congrats! I know this is a good move for your family! My brother lives in Gilbert!

Amber said...

Happy for you, sad for us! I think this will be great for you guys though. You just might have to come back for birthday dinners :)

Daniel & Kelli McDowell Family said...

Change is fun. We'd love to have you back in the ward . . . like Donna said, there's tons of houses over here, rentals too. I have access to listings if you need them . . . . kelli

roundgal said...

I understand the sadness of leaving good friends it is never fun but Beth I am so excited to have you closer to me!!! Yes, Yes selfish I know. My Brother-in-law that lives is Gilbert is a Realtor and can set you up with a rental or purchase if you like. Let me know if you are interested. Good Luck Girl! The process of moving is never fun! but if you get the need for the four seasons Flagstaff is not far away!!!

Dennison Family said...

I can't believe you are moving back!!! I'm so so excited! Hopefully now ew can get together, instead of only facebooking and blogging!! Let me know when you are coming and I will be there to help you move in and clean!! Too bad you are coming back just in time for the heat!