Thursday, August 27, 2009

Another Attempt at Organization....

So, I have a HUGE pet peeve!! I hate clutter, especially on my counters. I have been trying to find someway to control, yet organize, all that paperwork that needs to be kept handy but out of the way. Here is what I found:

We hung it just inside the basement door, which is right in the kitchen. So, it's very handy!! Everyone has a little slot with their name on it. For the boys, we keep all their school stuff in there. Mostly things that need to be turned in at a later date. I also have a slot to keep Collin's homework in. (He has 2 workbooks that we tear pages out of each week and turn in.) Travis and I also have a slot for our junk. I still have a few open slots at the top that I can use once I need to. I am really hoping this will work. I picked it up at a teacher supply store for 5 bucks! What a deal!!

6 comments:

Your favorite sister said...

Oooh I love it! I was just reading on Organizing Junkie about Command Centers. This would be perfect!I have a corkboard that I would tack things up on. But it only has 3 slots and now I have 4 kids in school...If I paid shipping would you send me one? :)

Oh and your word verification is turd!lol

Jaymie and Donna Jones said...

that is such a great idea! What teacher store I would love to do the same thing. I have the exsact same problem!!!!

Cali said...

I have been looking all over for something like this. Thanks Beth! Now I know where to go. I hate clutter on my counters too. Really, thanks!

Beth said...

Marie..I will totally send you one! And you don't need to pay me for anything. It'll be your birthday present:)

Lisa said...

That is AWESOME! I have been trying to think of a way to get rid of the clutter, too--especially since I don't have as much counter space as I once did! Where did you get it?

Amber said...

What a great idea! We have a major clutter problem too. What store did you get it at?