Wednesday, May 05, 2010

A trip to the zoo...

The entire, almost, 3 weeks we have been off track have been pretty boring for the kids. We had so much going on with the wedding and then being sick, that we haven't had the chance to do anything real fun. I checked the weather for the week and realized Tuesday might be our only chance for a zoo trip! I had to change the twins speech appointment, but it was so worth it! We had a great day! I think this is the first time I have ever attempted the zoo with my 4 kids alone! And we all survived! It actually went fine until I had to go potty! But, it all worked out and we really enjoyed spending the day together and being outside. We were there for just over 5 hours!!


The newest giraffe! Born 4/14, her name is Cricket. Cute, huh?


How cute is this little goosling?!


The majestic lions


Grandpa's favorite...the bald eagles.


The polar bear. One of the polar bears passed away on 4/27th.


The tiger....what a life!!


The big boys rode the carousel. I wasn't sure how to conquer that with the twins on my own. We might have to do that when we go this summer with our friends and I have an extra set of hands!!




We all rode the train!! Kyle was so excited!! Jackson was not...




2 comments:

Amber said...

Fun! I am impressed that you made it so long too! Soon it will be time for our summer trips!

Natalie Lundberg said...

yea, what a fun family day! I love the zoo. We always had a year pass growing up and we are going next week! My little brother is getting off his mission and my whole family will be in town.