Monday, May 10, 2010

The worse Mother's Day EVER!!

We had an awful weekend. And I mean AWFUL!! It started late Friday night/early Saturday morning when Austin woke up throwing up. We got him cleaned up and got his bedding changed but he wanted to sleep with me. I, being the selfish person I am, didn't want him in my bed, so we made a bed for him on one of the couches and I "slept" on the other one. A few hours later, I heard Kyle throwing up. I got Kyle cleaned up while Travis changed his bedding. It was about that time that I mentioned to Travis that I wasn't feeling well. He said the same thing to me. We wondered if it was something we ate. For dinner we had pancakes and bacon. Weird! Anyway, after a little cuddling Kyle was ready to go back to bed. I laid him down and woke up a few hours later sick. And I remained sick ALL NIGHT! It was horrible. By the time the sun came up, I seriously thought I was dying. I don't ever remember being that sick. Ever. Around 11:30 Saturday morning, the twins went down for a nap and I went to lay down on our bed. I woke up over 4 hours later and felt a little better. By Sunday morning everyone was feeling better but me. So Mother's Day was kind of a bust. Travis didn't get to finish his shopping because he was so sick on Saturday. (He did get me a few things that I LOVE!) And I couldn't eat anything so I didn't get to have yummy food or breakfast in bed. Luckily, my sweet cousin made us some homemade chicken noodle soup. And I didn't get to go to church (which I am sure no one noticed) but it made me so sad because the boys didn't get to sing or make cute things in class. I feel like I totally missed out on Mother's Day.
I am still not feeling great today. I was suppose to volunteer in Collin's class and I couldn't find anyone to cover for me. So, my awesome husband is using his lunch hour to go and help in his class! And a friend of mine is taking Collin home for awhile so I can, hopefully, get some rest this afternoon. I am really done with not feeling well!!

5 comments:

Holly Taylor said...

I am so sorry for you! Maybe you can get a makeup Mother's Day and get some yummy food then!

k.young said...

Sorry you guys are so sick! And I TOTALLY noticed you were not in church. Sad that you think no one notices if you aren't there.

Stacey said...

Lame!! Sorry you and your family were sick!! We went through the same thing a couple of weeks ago, I feel your pain. I say you get a redo on Mother's Day! Just tell Travis that your Mother's Day is next Sunday ;-)

Your favorite sister said...

What a bummer! I hope everyone is doing better. I asked for an uninterrupted nap for Mothers Day and didn't get it! Not as bad as your day but...(:

Hope everyone is feeling better soon!

Amber said...

What a bummer! You guys will have to do a mother's day repeat this weekend so you get your day!! Matt and I got food poisoning on our anniversary once...it just sucks even more when it's a special day that you should be enjoying! Glad you are doing better now!