Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Frustration

I really hate that my kids have been watching so much TV lately. It's just ridiculous! Not only that, but Austin has been playing video games a lot too. Am I terrible that I am allowing this to go on? I used to be pretty good at dividing up their day. We would go to the park or the library or even the zoo. But I am just so tired anymore. I don't feel like arguing with them or dealing with them at all. We do good in the mornings, but by the afternoon.....it's crazy! I am not sure what to do. So, starting today we are having a one hour "rest time." They have to lay on their beds and just rest. They can read books, but that is it. No toys, no TV, no Playstation 2. They have both outgrown naps and I think this will be a good solution. I am really trying to limit Austin's video game addiction! I am grateful he has other activities that stimulate his mind such as preschool and T-ball. I just need to figure out what to do with the rest of his day. It's a hard line to draw. I know I need to take it easy, but I feel like my entire household is out of whack. My house is such a mess. If I had the money, I would pay someone to come clean for me. Is this the way it will be once the twins are born? Should I just get used to it and make the best of it? I would love any suggestions!!

No comments: