I had a second ultrasound yesterday. It was just to check on the babies. With twins, ultrasound is the easiest way to check their progress and development. So, I will probably have one every 4 weeks or so. This time was filled with no surprises and we were both grateful for that!! It was still too early to determine the sex of the babies, so maybe next time! However, the babies are both growing well and getting big. They weigh only 3 ounces each. So, why have I gained 15 pounds?! We were able to see their little hearts beating. They were moving around a lot too. It was a big relief to see them doing well. It seems like so much can go wrong with twins, so I have been a little freaked out!
My sister also had an ultrasound yesterday. They measured her cervix and it wasn't where they wanted it to be, so she was put on bed rest for the rest of this week. She has to go back next Monday to be remeasured. The thought of bed rest freaks me out. Travis doesn't have much flexibility in his work schedule so I wouldn't get much help there!! So, I am starting today in "training" Austin to be my little helper. I am going to bribe him with a little money to help me do laundry, dishes and clean bathrooms. Just in case....Plus, it would be good for him to learn. Someday his wife will thank me!
No comments:
Post a Comment