Thursday, December 04, 2008

Snow Boots

Okay, so I feel awful and I just have to share it! So many people told me not to worry about buying the kids snow boots. They assured me that they wouldn't need them. They said it doesn't snow THAT much in Denver. So I followed their advice and haven't bought any...even when they were on sale at Target a few weeks ago and we had the money to buy them. Monday, Austin comes home from school and asks if we can go get some snow boots. I asked him why and he told me that they aren't allowed on the grass if there is snow and they have no boots. Shoot! How did I not see this coming?! I immediately feel guilty as I explain to him that we can't really afford snow boots right now. (Hey...we just moved and we literally have NO money!) So, I wasn't lying to him, we really couldn't afford to get him any. He is upset and I don't blame him. I am mad too! I should have bought them even though I was told not to worry about it. So Tuesday I started to look for boots to see how much they really are. Yep....too much for us at the moment. Crap! So, I load up Collin and the babies and head over to Goodwill. Nothing! Head over to the resale kids shop. Nothing! I feel horrible! I explain to Austin that I tired to find him boots but couldn't find any that we can buy right now. He seemed to understand...a little. Until this morning. It's snowing and will probably be all day. So I have to send my kid to school without snow boots and in mittens because that is all we have for him! I am officially the worse mom EVER!

4 comments:

Debi said...

You are not the worst mom ever! I told you this already watch those nanny shows and you will find the worst mom ever! I am so sorry that I do not live closer and can go buy boots for him! Love Ya!

Dave and Cindy said...

How come the school didn't tell you this rule? Sounds to me like they're the ones that dropped the ball, not you. It is heartbreaking to have a disappointed child, though. Luckily, either he will forget about this, or he will remember when he's older how, even though his mom couldn't afford to buy him boots, she worked so hard to try to find some because she loves him so much. Either way, you win! Hang in there! =)

Your favorite sister said...

I agree with the person above, you worked hard to find some. It wasn't like you were just saying oh too bad. You did your best. And sometimes, it's not enough. But that doesn't change that you did your best. I would totally send him some...except I don't think they even know what snow boots are here!

Anonymous said...

Nobody could expect you to know snowboots rules. It's not like he'd ever had needed them here! I'm sure he'll be okay though. He's a tough guy!