Friday, March 19, 2010

Field Trip Fun

Yesterday I had the opportunity to chaperone a field trip with Austin's class. We went to the Denver Museum of Nature and Science. I had never been there before so I was excited to get a chance to go! It was a lot of fun...we were able to see and do so much. I was so glad I was able to hang out with Austin too!! I could have done without the LOUD bus ride though!!


They have this cool exhibit where you can check your body! You enter in your information and they store it on this card. Then you can go to different stations to check your heart rate, see your veins, check you eyes out, check your stride and see how you will age! This is Austin on a stationary bike checking out his heart rate!



We were also able to be scientists! We did an experiment to see the insides of our mouths! (We scraped the inside of our cheeks and looked at it in a microscope!) It was really cool!!



Here is Austin checking it out under the microscope!



Don't we look great in our safety goggles?!




Austin and I loved the scene of the Arizona desert! Made us a little homesick!!



Austin and his friend Bobby eating lunch outside! It was such a great day yesterday! (it's snowing today!!)



Austin and his friend Carson on the bus ride home!

3 comments:

Wendy Beebe said...

I knew you'd LOVE it! Isn't it a fabulous museum!?!?! I'm glad you had a special day with Austin!

Debi said...

Looks like u had a really great day with Austin!

Amber said...

How fun! I'm glad you survived a 2nd grade field trip! I bet Austin was so happy that you went!!!