So, I have been in a funk for awhile. I feel like everything seems to be working against us and it has left me feeling angry, hurt and frustrated. I could easily list all the things that seem to be crappy right now. But, a friend of mine from high school suggested via Facebook, that I list all the good things in my life. I know I have much to be grateful for and I think I need a nice shot in the arm to remind me of all the blessings I have in my life. You don't have to read this if you don't want. It's more for me anyway. I need to stop being angry and upset and move on. I hope this helps!! So, here it goes:
1. Health - let's face it...life would really be miserable if I was not feeling well or had failing health. I am grateful I can walk to my car every morning!
2. My husband - he puts up with a lot! He works hard for our family and I know he is frustrated with life right now too. But he lets me be frustrated first!
3. My kids - they rock!! They are such great kids who love me and they appreciate me. This morning, as I was giving them breakfast, they all thanked me for the muffins. It made me happy!
4. The Gospel - What else can I say? Without the Gospel in my life I know I would be a total mess!! Well, more of a mess!!
5. My extended family - my parents, siblings, cousins, aunts and uncles rock!! They are always willing to listen to my complaints and they help me out in whatever way they can! Love them!!
6. My awesome friends - Ditto!! My friends are awesome and I am so grateful to have such wonderful people in my life!
7. Chocolate - it helps! It really does!!
8. Target - I love going to Target and just wandering around. Plus, the twins get a free cookie which keeps them happy while I shop!
9. Food storage - we have been living off our food storage lately. The move has left us with even less money than we usually have! But, we do have food storage, so we haven't had to do with out too much of the good stuff!!
10. A large capacity washer/dryer - we had to get a washer and dryer when we moved. We were able to find a stellar deal on a set. I love them because they are at least twice the size of what I once had. It makes laundry go so much faster!!
11. Diet Coke - I don't think I would survive without it. No, I know I wouldn't survive without it!!
12. Music - I love to listen to music. I have no musical talents whatsoever! I couldn't carry a tune in a bucket. But, I do appreciate good music. It can always put me in a good mood....especially Bon Jovi!
So, there it is. I know there is a lot more I can add, but I feel good about this list. I am really going to try and focus on the happy things and push away the bad things! Wish me luck!!
5 comments:
Good luck! I am happy to be your friend and am here to listen anytime u need it and we can even listen to Bon Jovi Very Very Loud! Lol hang in there I love you and miss u tons!
I love your list and think it is great idea. And I love that target is on it! This is just a bump in the road and I know great things are just around the corner for you guys. :) And when you're feeling down just remember that I am ALWAYS up for target, chocolate and coke and always there to listen!
Know that you have friends and family who love you and care for you so much. Beth, don't ever forget that you are a daughter of a Heavenly Father who knows and loves you. He has promised not to give you more than you can handle. He knows your strengths. This too shall pass. Turn to your Heavenly Father for the strength and direction you need. Love you so much.
I am sorry that life is throwing so much at you right now. I hope things turn around soon. Keep counting those blessings!
Thank you for listing your blessings. Life is so mean that it treats us with yucky days and situations! I was really inspired by you listing your blessings. Plus, the song "Believe" by Josh Groban is playing right now, and that is what I really needed to hear right now. Stay wonderful and if there's anything I can do for you from a few states away, please ask!
Post a Comment