I am one of those crazy parents that signed two of my four children up for Fall sports. Let me first state that I am a FIRM believer in organized sports for kids....especially boys. I think there are essential life lessons that can be learned. I have learned that most of those life lessons don't start until they get into something competitive. Anyway, as busy as our nights and Saturday's are, I love them and am so grateful for them. I try and remind myself that this is just a season in my life and I will soon miss it! So, I am doing my best to eat it up!!
My dear friend, Heidi, allowed me to borrow her super cool camera for the weekend. I am desperately hoping Travis will let me get my own someday. I am so glad I was able to finally get some good sports shots!
Saturday was Collin's first soccer game. You really never know what to expect with that kid, but he did great! He actually seemed to understand the game a little and enjoyed playing defense! Technically they don't keep score at this age, but his team won :)
Austin had his first away game. They played in Wheat Ridge, which is about 45 minutes from our house. Let me back up a little....Collin's game was at 1pm and it was just up the road. Austin's game was at 3pm, but had to be there at 2pm. So Travis took Austin and Kyle up to Wheat Ridge, leaving around 1:15 and I took Collin and Jackson to Collin's game. After his game, we headed up to Austin's. I seriously think we are going to hire a babysitter for next Saturday! Anyway....Austin's team won 52-6. He played pretty good. He is really starting to learn his position and I think he is doing really well at it.
1 comment:
I miss the boys so much! they are growing up so fast! Seriously i hope my kids are just like yours ;)
Post a Comment