Friday, March 04, 2011

A Tender Mercy


Have you ever had a moment when you really felt God's love for you?! I mean the kind of moment that made you stop and take note? I had one today and I want to share it so I never, ever forget it. The twins didn't have school today so we were busy playing and snuggling this morning. I went to the basement to switch out some laundry and when I cam back up I couldn't believe my eyes. Jackson was sitting on the couch with our church's hymnal in his lap. Kyle was standing in front of him "conducting." Jackson was trying to sing something but I couldn't make any words out. I was about to walk away when I heard him clearly say "lead me, guide me...." For those of you who are not Mormon, this probably doesn't make sense. But we have a sweet song we learn as little kids called I Am A Child of God. It teaches us that we are sent to earth by our Heavenly Father and that our parents are to lead, guide and walk beside us to show us our way back to Heavenly Father. It's always been one of my favorite songs because the message is so sweet and so simple. I started bawling as I watched my son, with all his issues, who never talks sing those words. I felt, for the first time in a long time, God's love for me and for Jack. I have been so worried about Jackson and this moment in time reminded me that God has the big picture of Jackson's life. He knows the challenges he has faced and will face. And He knows that Jackson will be fine.

Listen to the song here:

4 comments:

Your favorite sister said...

Oh hon, you made me cry. Or crying is more like it. That is so wonderful. Could that be any more precious? I still remember when Ivan was four, and we could barely get him to talk, and he told me that he loved me. Those little moments are the ones to hold dear. Love yah!

Marie said...

And a little child shall lead them...... What more can I say!

Dennison Family said...

Im so glad you had this experience and also gave credit to our Heavenly Father. What sweet boys.

Daniel & Kelli McDowell Family said...

Oh how sweet and tender. Isn't it amazing how sometimes the Lord lets the sun peek out when maybe all you could see before are the clouds?