Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Lessons Learned

Why is it I have to learn everything the hard way? So, what a morning I have had! I promised my sister I would pick her up at the bus stop this morning and get her to work. On my way there, I get pulled over. You see our tags are expired on the van and they have been since September. So, the officer gave me a ticket. How am I suppose to pay the ticket if I can't afford to register my car? It's all just so frustrating! The minute things look like they might start looking up for us, we get hit with something else. It would be so easy for me to blame the officer. Why couldn't he be nicer and cut me some slack? But, really, it's my fault and now I have to pay for it. Big time! I just wish I would have driven another way or if I would have left a little earlier, maybe I could have avoided it all together. Then again, would I learn my lesson that way? Probably not. So, I will just chalk this up to another lesson learned. It's cheaper to just pay for your tags when you are suppose to!! I hope this knowledge will help someone else!!

2 comments:

Your favorite sister said...

jlj

Your favorite sister said...

OK sorry about that first one! :)When Ben went to Afghanistan, he told me to let the tags on his truck expire, since no one would be driving it. Well..apparently that is illegal and it was towed. I had to walk over in freezing cold weather, pay almost $400 in towing fees not to mention the original tags and the late fees, which ended up being around $300. We didn't have the $$ either. It sucked. I understand how you must be feeling. I hope everything gets better soon!