Jackson and Kyle had their 12 month well baby check up today. I know, I know they turned a year almost 2 months ago. But, we were without insurance and we were moving 1000 miles. Gimme a break! They are both doing pretty well. They are in the 3rd percentile for their height and weight. Developmental they are doing really well. Jackson still isn't talking. (And by talking I mean making hard consonant sounds. Like Ba, Da, Ma, etc.) If he doesn't start by their 15 month check up (which I will try and schedule on time!) then the doctor will have him do another hearing test. If that comes back okay then we will probably start him on speech therapy. If it doesn't and he has a hearing problem, we will have to decide what to do for him. He may need a hearing aid or something like that. I know it might not be that big of a deal, but I am totally freaking out. I guess it's a mom thing to worry about your kids. Then when there is a possibility that something is wrong, your worries become even more intense. I will keep you posted as things progress!
Austin and Collin are both doing pretty well. I don't think Austin likes his Primary class much. But he seems to really like school and is doing well. The school administered some reading evaluations and they couldn't finish Austin because they didn't have enough books. Which means he is reading above his grade level, they just aren't sure which level he is at. His teacher gave him a book to read that he is really enjoying. It's one of the Box Car Children Series.
Collin recently received some letters from his preschool friends in Arizona. He was so excited and loves looking at his letters. We are in the process of writing letters back!
That's about it for now. We still don't have our own computer hooked up. Hopefully Travis can get working on that soon!
3 comments:
Hey hon! Oh I hope you can get the help with Jackson that you need. I know exactly how you feel, it is your baby. Trust me, been there! :)
I am glad your big boys are doing well! Go Austin! Ethan loves these books called Secrets of Droon. They are kind of a less intense Harry Potter.
I hope that things go well with Jackson. Zander is the same way, maybe it's an oldest twin thing. I hope Austin likes the Box Car books. I used to like those too! We sure miss you guys.
I know things will be fine with Jackson! I am sure it is hard not to worry though. I am happy to hear the big boys are doing good also! Love ya Miss Ya if you need anything please let me know! I will see you in 61 days! Yeepy
Post a Comment