Wednesday, November 05, 2008

It's tough being the red in a blue state...

PLEASE NOTE: If you are a democrat, you might not want to read on!

So, we have a new president. I suppose I am not surprised that he won, but I am still a little disappointed. I hope everyone who voted for Obama is really ready for the "change" he plans to bring. I know I am not looking forward to sharing my income. I am also grateful that we already own a gun. I have spent most of the morning explaining to Austin how democracy works. I don't want to be one of those parents. You know the kind....they tell their kids horrible things about the government or president. Some of the things that Austin has heard at school about President Bush and Sen. McCain make me sick. Even though I don't like Obama I feel like I have to do my best to support the new president. That's what I expected people to do with Bush and what I would have expected had McCain won. My church teaches "We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers and magistrates, in obeying, honoring and sustaining the law." (Articles of Faith #12) SO that is what I plan to do. I just pray that Heavenly Father will bless our nation and that we, as a nation, will be deserving of such blessings.

On a different note...I am so glad we won't have to see any more political ads! Hallelujah!

5 comments:

k.young said...

That is such a positive attitude. I am not quite there yet. Hopefully soon. :)

Dave and Cindy said...

Amen! I'm so sick or the campaigning that I'm just glad it's over.

Beth said...

My mom sent me an email today and I wanted to share part of it:

"My thought, maybe we could all pray that Obama, chooses what's right for this country.
Maybe you could tell Austin that when he says his prayers that he prays for the new president and
that he will CTR."

Your favorite sister said...

Very well said Beth! That is such a great way to look at it. I am feeling much the same about him. I just hope he lives up to all the hype!

Natalie Lundberg said...

I agree with everything that you wrote in your post...it's frustrating but we have to make the best of what we have and pray for our president and country.
-Natalie