Friday, May 15, 2009

Jackson and Kyle

Jackson

Kyle

Jackson and Kyle started speech therapy almost 3 weeks ago. Today is their third session. I guess I was really hoping to see some major improvements by now, so I am a little disappointed with where they are. I know this is a slow process, but I was hoping they would be saying something by this point!! Jackson has picked up the sign language really well. He uses the sign for "more" most often. When he wants a snack, he will knock on the pantry door and then use the sign. It's pretty cute. I am just really hoping he will start saying words soon. Kyle is doing a little better (than Jackson) at using the words. He doesn't sign more, he just says it. I know they are making progress, which is great. I just wish it were more noticeable. I hear babies younger than them who can say all kinds of things. It makes me a little sad. I am sure that they will soon be talking up a storm. And, I honestly can't wait until they do!

2 comments:

Gma said...

Hey sweetie, I know you are probably tired of hearing this, but just give them time. They will be chattering before you know it. I would love to see your hair. Love ya!

Your favorite sister said...

I agree with the person above me. Give them time. I can totally understand where you are coming from. With Ivan being 4, it is so frustrating to me that he is still in diapers, he can't say certain things, he has delays in so many areas (mostly self efficient things) that it can be discouraging. So hang in there!