Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St. Patty's Day

Happy St. Patrick's Day!! I like to have fun with this little holiday. I guess I see it as a nice way to break up the boredom that can be March!! So, here is what we did to celebrate today:

We started the day with green pancakes! Yummy!




We had corned beef, cabbage and potatoes for dinner. This isn't my favorite meal, but Travis LOVES it. And so does Austin. So, we have adapted this tradition for our family!




I found a recipe on Family Fun for these rainbow cupcakes. They were kind of a pain and they don't look as pretty as the ones online, but they were cute and the boys liked them.




I did kill my crock pot though. What a sad day! I have had this FOREVER. Before Travis and I got married even!! I have been wanting a new one, so I guess it's time!


One more thing before you go. My incredibly talented and organized friend Marie is hosting a give-away on her blog. Check it out here!

4 comments:

Debi said...

You have such lucky kids to have such a creative mom! I think u deserve a new crock pot! Just think it was easy clean up! Lol

gina said...

And I thought I was so cool for making a green breakfast, I'm so impressed you must have spent the whole day cooking! Oh and don't buy the hamilton beech crock pot at target, my broke in a month!

Amber said...

So fun! We did lots of green stuff too. I was going to try those rainbow cupcakes too but they seemed too time consuming for me!! Bummer about your crock pot!!

Your favorite sister said...

So fun! I have never made corned beef and cabbage. Ben said he is not a big fan. I guess his Mom used to make it.

So sad over your crock pot! I love mine and got it as a wedding gift. There are so many new ones out there that I totally want to get.