Something wonderful happened today!! We came home after Austin's basketball class and we were just hanging out. Then the guy from the power company shows up to install a new meter thing. He told me that he would have to turn off all of our power, but just for a few seconds. Sure enough, it was off for just a few seconds but when he turned it back on.....the TV came back on!! So, what we think happened is that it shorted out or something. We are so grateful that we don't have to figure out how to get a new TV!!
I am so ready for Friday! That is when I get to come back to my house on a full-time basis! I hate to say this, but those kids are driving me crazy! Mostly just the 2 youngest. They don't do anything for themselves and never say "please" or "thank you." I almost lost it with one of them this morning. Their mom told me that they like muffins in the morning. So, I stayed up late last night to make some. I went to get the 10 year old one and he said to me, "Aren't you going to heat it up?" I told him that I couldn't read his mind and didn't know he wanted it warm. Then he tells me how to butter it. I then asked him why he can't butter it himself. So, he got his next one by himself. It's just really driving me crazy. I work hard to prepare meals (which must be much larger than what I am used to doing) and no one even thanks me. It's just weird. I am ready to be done!! We really wanted to help someone out, but it has just been so hard. We have had to spend a lot of our own money and we really don't have much. I am just so frustrated with them and with finaces. It's got to get better soon, right?
1 comment:
Yay about the tv! I am happy about that! I sooo understand with the babysitting thing. I can post this here b/c my sis doesn't read your blog...my nephew stayed with us for 5 weeks. A 10 yr. old who eats a ton and she gave us a grand total of $100. Yep that was it. So I know how you feel! Feel free to vent anytime!
Post a Comment