Tuesday, November 28, 2006

My First Day...

So, I survived my first day "on the job." It actually wasn't all that bad. I am just pretty tired and really glad it wasn't all day! He got picked up around 1:45, so that was kind of nice. Thursday I will have my nephew from 1:30 until 7:30 pm so it will be a really long day! He is really easy to take care of though! We really had no major problems today. Collin was a little jealous and had a hard time sharing toys and me! I think he will get used to it. Luckily, the baby naps and he leaves so early that it gives us lots of quality time still.

Austin has his 5-year-old check up on Thursday. He also has to get his shots for school. He is not really happy about that. I can't believe he will be in kindergarten next year. It's so weird to think he is old enough. I am nervous about sending him off to school. Is he really ready? Will he make good friends? Will he be able to handle situations on his own? I just don't know. It scares me. I just pray that I have taught him enough of what he needs to know to survive and thrive in the school atmosphere.

Travis has been having a really rough time at work. He seems to be getting blamed for someone else's mistakes. What it comes down to is that one of the managers got mad at him and is making his life a living you-know-what. It's been so frustrating for him. He actually got written up yesterday. He was livid!! 8 out of the 10 things they listed weren't even his mistakes. So, please remember Travis in your prayers. I need for things to get better there. I love him so much and want him to be happy at work.

Well, I better go clean up toys. My house is a disaster!

No comments: