We made it!! We actually got here yesterday afternoon! I am still trying to recover from a two day car trip with 4 kids. Thank heavens for DVD players and portable video games! We didn't get a very early start Saturday. We had hoped to leave around 6 or 7:00 am, but we didn't end up leaving until almost 10:30. The U-haul we rented wasn't nearly big enough ( Just for the record, I knew it wouldn't be!) So we decided to rent a trailer to pull behind the U-Haul. It still wasn't enough, so we have to get a storage unit in Arizona until we can get the rest of our stuff up here! I also left a pretty big mess for my poor family to clean. Thanks guys! I know it's a TON of work and I totally appreciate it!
Anyway, we got into Albuquerque around 9:00pm. Travis put the twins down while I took the big boys for a walk around the hotel. Kyle had a hard time sleeping, so Travis and I were up most of the night. We left Albuquerque around 7:30. The kids did awesome and I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was. Sure, I was dead tired, but the kids were so good! At one point Collin asked why we couldn't just fly there! Poor kid!
So, we are here and trying to settle in. It's a pretty big adjustment to move in with someone, but it's going really well. And we are so grateful for the opportunity to get ahead!! We took the kids up to the school for the meet your teacher night. Austin is pretty excited to have a boy teacher! Collin enjoyed exploring his new preschool and is excited to go back.
We are having problems getting the Internet hooked up, so I am not sure when I will be able to upload their back to school pictures! Stay tuned!!
6 comments:
We are happy you guys got there safley. It is great that the kids love there school. Hope things keep going smoothly for you!!
I am glad that you guys got there safe:) And the kids were good. I know that you guys would be fine living with Travis's parents just keep thinking that it will be great in the end:) I can not wait to see the pictures of the boys. I will call you soon, this week at work is hectic but I am going to try this week:) Love Ya:)
Miss you! Miss you! Miss you!! Glad you got there safely--I MISS YOU!
glad you made it there safe and sound! I am sure your boys will be great at adjusting.
:)
What an adventure! I am so excited for your family. This will be such a great new chapter in your lives! Miss you guys!
How do you like Denver? A few Democrats around at the moment I guess...
Post a Comment