Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Moving Blues!



I stole this picture from Katie's blog. I think it sums up how I feel pretty well! I think I have made really good progress with the whole packing thing, all things considered! I still feel like there is so much more to do and I am starting to feel a little stressed out about it. Travis will be home tomorrow night and I hope he is not disappointed with my progress!

Austin has had a rough day today. School started here today and I think he is just really feeling sad that he won't be with all his friends. I think the move is just hitting him now. I know he will be fine and that he will make new friends. It's still hard to see him so sad. And who listens to that kind of advice anyway?!

2 comments:

Debi said...

I am sure that Travis will not be disappointed in you, since he knows that you were also taking care of the boys:)

As for Austin I can only imagine he is a little bumed out but like you said he will be ok it is just going to take a little while! Hope that your afternoon and evening goes good:) If you need to talk I am hear.

Your favorite sister said...

I love the picture. Too funny. That is the good thing about the Navy...they move you!

When we were moving here, the kids were bummed about all the stuff that they were going to miss. So we would just talk constantly about what we would do once we got here. It gave them something to look forward too.

I heard another suggestion, which I am going to use, is to let him pack a box of his favorite things. Then let him decorate it with stickers and markers so he knows which one is his. Then when you get to CO and are unpacking, he can identify his right away. It gives them a little comfort to have their stuff sooner rather than later.

Something to think about... :)