Tuesday, October 07, 2008

I'm not that old....am I?

The other day I had an errand to run. It was a pretty simple thing but the effects of running this errand has been lingering. You see, while out running this errand I found myself driving by the local high school at the end of the school day. As I waited for the herds of young adults to cross the street, I found myself feeling really old! Here I was sitting in my mini-van, which holds 2 matching car seats and a booster seat not to mention all the cheerios and goldfish on the floor, wondering what had happened to my life. Where had the time gone? Has it really been 11 years since I was in high school? I don’t feel old. Maybe it wasn’t really the errand that has been getting to me. Maybe it’s the fact that my 30th birthday is just weeks away. And I am freaking out about it! It really wasn’t that long ago that I was one of those kids crossing the street with my friends. (Except we would have NEVER held up traffic!) My biggest worry was who I was going to the dance with or what I would wear to school the next day. Now, don’t get me wrong, I love my life! I am very happy with where I am. There may have been some bumps in the road, but it has been a good ride. I have a great husband of 8 years who adores me for some crazy reason. I have 4 healthy and beautiful, if I do say so myself, kids. Financially we are struggling, but who isn’t right now?! It’s just that it seems to be going by so fast and I don’t like it! So, I have decided that I am not having another birthday. I am going to stay 29 forever. Please feel free to shower me with gifts on what would have been my birthday. From now on they will just be anniversary presents. For instance, this year will be my 1st anniversary of my 29th birthday. Next year will be my 2nd anniversary of my 29th birthday. Go it? I am glad we have that settled.

4 comments:

Debi said...

ok so I was wondering when it would hit you! I did the same thing before I turned 30, it is a hard year for most people! Not really sure why? You will be fine and yes the time has flown bye, I can not believe that you and Travis have been married for 8 years, that is just so awesome. You can not stop your birthdays either, and as long as you stay young at heart you will be young!
Love Ya see ya soon!

k.young said...

HA HA HA. You are so funny. I love the anniversary idea.
You aren't old, but I understand what you mean. Time goes by too fast.

Sonnet Boulton said...

me too baby! 29 forever for sure! I don't want that 30ness sneaking up on me next month!!

Your favorite sister said...

You know I am right there with you!:)