Monday, March 24, 2008

Doing Something I Never Thought I Would

So, I am going on vacation in a few weeks all by myself! I never imagined I would ever have the opportunity to do something like this while my kids were still so young! But, in about 11 days I will be heading to California! My best bud, Debi, got me a ticket to see Bon Jovi in concert! Can you believe I am leaving for 5 days to go to a concert?! It's crazy! I am so excited although I am a little worried/sad/scared to be leaving my kids. I know they will be well taken care of by daddy and grandma while I am gone. I just know I will miss them terribly! I'm flying into San Francisco, courtesy of my dad's frequent flier miles, and staying that night with my big sis, Cheri. The next day I will head out to my hometown of Dublin to spend the rest of my trip with Debi. I still can't believe it and I just don't know what I will do without any kids! I am looking forward to sleeping in and not doing laundry! Anyway, I added a countdown (another idea I stole from Marie!) off to the side so we can all keep track together!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you will probably miss your kids, but have lots of fun!

Your favorite sister said...

I am so, so, excited for you!!! How fun. And if anyone deserves it, that would be you. Don't even think about washing a dish, or folding clothes. Enjoy your time. And get a really good picture of Bon Jovi for me. Yum! :)

Jamie said...

Wow - a trip away from the husband and kids AND you get to see Bon Jovi? That's awesome! Try not to worry about the kids too much, they'll be fine.

Maria said...

How exciting! You totally deserve it! Have fun! This will be good practice for Trav and your mom for when you come to Boise to visit me!

Jaymie and Donna Jones said...

How awsome. I hope you have sooo much fun. By the way...way cute blog I love it.

Sonnet Boulton said...

Good job, you deserve it!! Rock out for me ok!