Thursday, March 20, 2008

Sick Days

I remember when I could call in to work when I didn't feel well. Then I could spend the entire day sleeping or laying on the couch watching TV. However, when you become a mom, you lose your sick days! And I just don't think it's fair!! Collin was sick yesterday. The yucky kind of sick. I don't want to gross you all out, so just trust me on this one. It was a long day. I felt so bad for him. He was miserable. Luckily, he laid down most of the day and seems to be better (at least so far) today. Unfortunately, I now have whatever he had. I wish I could just lay down all day, but I can't. I have 4 kids who aren't that understanding. I mean, they are good kids and all. But I think I would have more of a mess on my hands if I didn't at least try to do what I normally do. It's times like this that I wish Travis had one of those flexible jobs. You know....the kind where he could work from home or come home before 7:00 at night. Hopefully the boys will be good and I can get a little rest in. If not, at least it's almost the weekend!!

On a side note, I have decided that people who don't control their pets, should lose them! Case in point, we planted a garden over the weekend. We spent a lot of time learning what to plant and how. Then we spent lots of money to get what we needed. Now, someones cats, who just roam the neighborhood, are digging it up. Argh! We put some red pepper down and that seemed to do the trick. I found an electronic cat detector thing online (my friend Karolyn told me about them) but it's 60 bucks and I can't afford that right now. (Darn Easter bunny!) So, if anyone has some less expensive ways to keep cats out of my garden, I would love to hear them. Keep in mind, I don't want to resort to Travis' way either. (just think guns!)

2 comments:

Jaymie and Donna Jones said...

Hehehehe. the other night we had 2 cats out side our window fighting or do the other thing I have no idea but it sounded like a baby crying when we finally figured out what it was (aka running to both kids rooms to see what was wrong, and finding them asleep, then checking out side) Jaymie got out the bb gun and pelted them! He said he got the black and white one pretty good. so far we haven't heard any more cats. I do see them wakling on the fence but I haven't seen them in the yard yet!

Anonymous said...

I hope you get to feeling well soon!