My good friend Marie tagged me the other day and I am finally responding!! I am suppose to tell you 5 random things about me and food. Here it goes:
1. I love to eat out. Not that we have the time to actually go to a restaurant, but I love when we can order food from somewhere. We order out probably once a week and, for us, that's too much! It's a bad habit of mine because I know we spend too much money doing it! Someday I will be better about it.
2. I love trying normal recipes. What do I mean by normal. Let me explain...I have a lot of cookbooks that I really like. But some of the ingredients are weird and things I would never normally buy. I like recipes from real people who shop in a hurry and need to get dinner made quick! My favorite cookbook is one that ladies from our church put together. (I only submitted a few recipes.) There are some great recipes in there that are good and practical!!
3. I am not one to deviate from a recipe. If it says 1/3 cup of oatmeal, that is exactly what I add. I freak out if I don't have the exact amount of something. I seriously panic and wonder if I should toss the entire thing!
4. I am learning that I am not that bad of a cook. I actually can throw together a pretty decent meal with the limited supply of food we have on hand.
5. I have discovered the importance of a well stocked pantry! (refer to number 3) I have learned how to shop according to what is on sale and what I use most often. Not bad, huh?
So, now I am suppose to tag 5 people to do the same thing on their blogs. Now, I don't want to leave anyone out, so if I don't mention you by name please feel free to participate and don't hold it against me ;) I tag: Holly, Jamie, Maria, Karolyn and Sonnet
No comments:
Post a Comment