On Wednesday, Austin's teacher called me to say that he was going to be getting a Character Counts award at an assembly on Friday. For those of you who aren't aware, the school district here in Gilbert emphasizes having a good character. They have 7 pillars of good character that they teach the kids. So, we went to the school today to see our little Austin get his award for being respectful. I have to admit, I was a little teary eyed when they read his name and the comments that his teacher wrote about him. I am so proud of him! It's scary to send you kids out into the real world and you just hope you taught them enough that they will behave! But to be recognized for being respectful...well, I guess you could say that this award was more for me than for him. Maybe I am not such a bad mom! Maybe we really are doing something right with our kids! I know it may not seem like a big deal, but it really is. It taught him that people recognize good behavior and he was able to be an example to his friends. Here are a few pictures from today. I know they are really hard to see. I lightened them as much as I could.



I also realized that I forgot to post the twins 7-month-old pictures. So, here are my adorable twins who are now 7 1/2 months old!!

Kyle was smiling in this one

Jackson is smiling in this one. I couldn't get them to smile at the same time! Little stinkers!
Collin has been having a real hard time lately. I am not sure if it was the move or if he is just finding it hard to "fit in." At times he frustrates me and other times I just feel sorry for him. He is such an awesome kid who has a great smile. I hope his recent behavior is just a phase and that it will be over soon. I just hate the thought of people labeling him. I think he is so awesome and I honestly wouldn't trade him for anything!!
2 comments:
You have ever right to brag! That is awesome I am so proud of Austin! You are doing a great job! The twins look so big I can not believe how big they have gotten! So darn cute too. Collin he is going to do fine, he is a cute just like the others!
love ya see ya soon YEEPY!
Way to go Austin!!! Don't worry about Collin he'll snap out of it. Lots of changes you know can really mess with your head. Think what it does to a 3 year old.
Post a Comment