So, the other day I noticed that Collin was getting a small hole in the toe of one of his shoes.
I told him that we would have to go and get him a new pair of shoes soon! Here is how the conversation went:Me: "Collin, it looks like you need a new pair of shoes."
Collin: "Why?"
Me: "Well, because you are getting a hole in one of your shoes."
Collin: "Then I only need one shoe."
Me: "What?"
Collin: "Only one shoe is broken so I just need one new shoe."
Me: "Honey they don't just sell one shoe, you have to buy a new pair."
Collin: "I don't need a new pair, I just need one shoe!"
Me: (trying hard not to laugh) "Well, we are going to just have to replace both shoes."
Collin: "Fine. But I want the same exact shoes!"
Travis and I are not that frugal so it just cracked me up that he came up with this all by himself! I love that he only wanted to buy what he needed. I know he didn't get that from me or his dad!!
He always makes me smile!!
6 comments:
Good for Collin! I couldn't get my ipod to work the other day and was going to just go out and get a new one. Ben looked up the problem on Apple and had it fixed in like 5 minutes. I need to take some lessons from Collin!
That is so cute! Maybe he should teach a budgeting class for our next enrichment! ;) At least you noticed...poor Luke had a hole for weeks before I noticed!
This is great! I am with Collin though you should be able to just buy one shoe if that is all you need! Specially if you really like the shoes!
That is so cute!
Cute! Kids are so cute -they know exactly what they need! Thanks for sharing.
A little separation anxiety, eh? He loves those shoes!!! That's so darling!
Post a Comment