Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Wanted: Summer Vacation

have a great summer vacation


I am feeling a little out of sorts lately! While everyone else is gearing up for big summer plans, I am trying to get my kiddos ready to start a new school year. Right now, I am not loving year round school! Austin's last day of first grade is June 23rd. He starts 2nd grade July 8th. That is just about 2 weeks for "summer vacation." It stinks! Especially because we live finally live somewhere in which we can actually enjoy being outside during the summer!

Okay, I am done feeling sorry for myself....for now :)

4 comments:

Maria said...

I'm sorry about your schedule. However, we are also still in school while everyone else is out. I actually like being out when others are not though (we are out November and March). It is too bad your summer break is only two weeks. At least we get six... Be tough and hang in there. Love ya!

Debi said...

You will get use to it and make the best out of it! I know you will find fun stuff to do whenever they are out of school!

Wendy Beebe said...

That would be very challenging! I am very grateful we are traditional, especially since it is the BIG year when Elle goes to Kindergarten. I will be the MOM crying out in the car!!!
Let's definitely take advantage of that two weeks and go to the Zoo or Children's Museum or rec center pools!!!

Amber said...

Yes, I second Wendy's comment about the zoo, etc.! If it makes you feel better, my kids are already whining about being bored and we still have 2 months left!