Tuesday, March 17, 2009

St. Patrick's Day

I am not a huge fan of St. Patrick's Day. I don't drink, so I guess I see no point to the holiday. But, I thought it would be fun to do something different for the kids. So, I got up this morning and made them green pancakes and green milk.




On a side note, my mom called me last night to let me know that my Great-Uncle Dwight had passed away. At the time, I was trying to get kids in bed (Travis wasn't home.) So I kind of yelled at them to go to bed. This morning Austin had asked what had happened and I explained to him who Uncle Dwight was. (That he was Grandpa Earl's older brother.) He then said "How nice. Grandpa will have a brother in heaven." Gotta love the faith of a child....

2 comments:

Debi said...

I am sorry to hear about Uncle Dwight. Your kids are so thoughtful and cute! Love Ya

k.young said...

That is a sweet story about Austin. Kids are so great!
I LOVE St. Patrick's Day! Cute breakfast! :)