Tuesday, March 24, 2009

An Update on Austin

Austin has had a lot going on over the past few days. So, here is a quick update on his busy, little life:

He had his first soccer game Saturday. I missed it, but Travis said he played really well. He hustled and gave all he had! His team ended up tied 5-5. Austin is just glad they didn't lose!! Here are a couple pictures:

On Monday, we had his parent/teacher conference. His teacher had nothing but great things to say about him. We received his progress report and we are very pleased with how well he is doing in school. He is above grade level in reading and writing. (although he needs to work on his neatness!) He is also above grade level in math. His teacher commented on how she is always trying to find new things for him to do and ways to challenge him. In the comment section on his progress report his teacher said "Everyday test average is 99% Austin likes to work with numbers and has a positive attitude at math time. He amazes me with how well he does. Keep it up Austin!"
Most importantly, he is a good kid who pays attention and follows directions. We are so proud of how well he is doing!

He finally got his hair cut last night. We just kept putting it off and it got to the point where it needed to be cut pretty bad! Doesn't he look handsome?

(Sorry for all the bragging, but I just can't help it!!)

4 comments:

Debi said...

Way to go Austin! I am very proud of you! And to you Beth you deserve to brag!

Natalie Lundberg said...

Very handsome! Good job Austin, keep it up.

k.young said...

What a great kid to have in your family! He is SO cute!
I want to say yes to lunch next Friday, but tentatively. I have no idea what my life will be like next Friday or if I will still be breathing! :) But I will let you know for sure as it gets closer!

Jamie said...

Rock on, Austin! I hope my kids follow your example. (I hope your brothers do, too!)