Tuesday, June 17, 2008

63 Days

That's right...we have been healthy for 63 days straight! That ended today. The last few nights the twins have been waking up around 11:30 or so just crying. It doesn't matter what we do, they won't lay back down. It's been miserable! Our kids are normally really good sleepers, so we really don't even know how to handle it. We noticed on Sunday that Kyle had a REALLY bad diaper rash. Which, of course, made me feel guilty. Obviously I hadn't been changing his diaper enough or else he wouldn't have gotten a rash, right? Well, that was my theory. Then today Jackson was feeling really warm and he kept falling asleep. Since we still have health insurance, we decided to call and see if we could get them an appointment. Sure enough, they had something this evening. It turns out that Kyle just has a really bad diaper rash, but it wasn't infected or a yeast infection. It looks like he may have had an ear infection, but it wasn't bad and worked itself out. Jackson does have an ear infection. So we headed off to the pharmacy. They hadn't gotten the prescriptions yet so we had to call the doctor office and have them resent. Then we had a few other delays, but finally at about 7:45 this evening we had everything we needed! They prescribed Kyle with an ointment that should clear up his little bum pretty quick. (It better since it cost me over 20 bucks!) Jackson got the yummy antibiotic to take. I really hope they start feeling better and go back to sleeping normal again. I NEED my sleep. I don't function well without it.
So, that was our romantic anniversary. Taking all of our kids to a 6pm doctor appointment and spending over 70 bucks in co-pays and prescriptions! (Can you sense the sarcasm here?!)

3 comments:

Debi said...

I am glad that you got the boys taken care of and it is nothing really serious! I am on the other hand sorry that you had to do it on your anniversary. I hope that the twins get better soon and you get some much needed sleep! God Bless both of you and your children. I love you!

Sonnet Boulton said...

you are amazing. sometimes we get discouraged, but in reality we usually don't want to trade trials. :)

Dave and Cindy said...

Thank goodness you still have insurance! Here's to hoping for another 63 days (minimum)!! =)