
It was 8 years ago today that Travis and I were married! I can hardly believe that it has already been that long! We've gone through a lot the past 8 years. Some has been good and some has not. But, whatever it has been, it's been fun to go through it with Travis by my side. I am so lucky to have such an amazing husband. He is so good to me and I hardly deserve him. So, in honor of our eighth wedding anniversary, and in Dave Letterman style, here are my top 8 events from our married life:
1. Obviuosly, the birth of our kids. Each one was special and meant so much to us. We went from being a couple to being a couple with a son. Then we became a couple with 2 kids. Now we are a big 'ole family. I loved watching Travis become a father and to be able to watch him as the kids grow and as he grows has been amazing!
2. Being sealed in the temple. What an amazing day and I am so grateful he was able to take me to the temple so we could be sealed. It may have taken us a little longer, but it was so worth the wait!
3. We took a road trip when I was pregnant with Austin to California to visit my sister. It was so fun because it was one of the last big things we were able to do as a couple. Plus, I had fun showing Travis all the places I used to go to when I was a kid.
4. Austin's first day of kindergarten. I think I will remember that day forever! I was so nervous and Travis remained so calm. He never teased me for being so emotional, he was just exactly what I needed. Plus, it was in that moment that I realized we were getting old!!
5. The baby's blessing day. Travis wasn't able to bless Austin or Collin. So, when he blessed the twins it was extra special. That weekend was a little weird with other stuff that was going on. But he did such an amazing job and I couldn't help but be a little proud of him.
6. Our first anniversary. I was pregnant with Austin. We went to dinner. It was so fun and so simple. Plus, it was a big deal to make it through that first year. We had some rough spots. It was a time of real learning and growth for both of us.
7. Our first Christmas was special. It was our first as a married couple and our last as just a couple. The following Christmas was also so special because we had Austin. And now every Christmas is so fun because we get to see it through the eyes of our children.
And last, but not least....
8. Our move to Arizona. It was a big deal because Austin was only 4 months old. We drove down with Travis driving the U-Haul and pulling his car and I drove my car with Austin in the back seat. Even though we were moving down here and staying with Travis' sister for awhile, I really felt like we were alone. And I think we did just fine!
I love you Travis! Happy anniversary!!
6 comments:
I can not believe that it is 8 years! I am so happy for both of you! I love you both so much! Good Job Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary! Too fun. You know I remember you writing to me about Travis. You know before blogs, not before email but...way back when we used to write letters!
Anyway, I am happy for you and yes you have seemed to weather so many storms. Enjoy your day!
We celebrated our 8th this year, too. Isn't it funny how it seems like only yesterday and so long ago at the same time? Happy Anniversary!! Hope it's a good one! =)
Happy Anniversary!! What a neat idea to do the top memories of your life together!
Happy Anniversary guys! We love you and that gaggle of boys you've produced!
I love this post!! Thanks for sharing all the fun memories. Sorry that you had to also go to the doctor. YUCK!!
Post a Comment