So, last night I was faced with a horrific dilemma that I am often hit with. Being the mom of twins can be a real challenge sometimes! Travis took Austin and Collin to swim lessons last night. I stayed home to get the twins ready for bed. Right about 6:55 they were both freaking out.(By freaking out I mean crying!!) They were both tired and hungry. This is where the dilemma begins. How do you pick who to take care of first? I always feel so guilty because one of them has to cry it out until I am done! Well, Jackson has had a pretty bad diaper rash, so I started to get him ready. As soon as I sit down to change his diaper, Kyle falls from his little activity table he was standing at. He smacks his face down on the tile. He totally starts crying. So, I leave Jackson and run over to get Kyle. Now both babies are crying. And I mean CRYING! I noticed that Kyle was bleeding! So, I took him over to the sink and got a paper towel so that I could try and stop the bleeding. I FINALLY get it to stop so I can figure out where exactly he is bleeding from. I wanted to make sure it wasn't his teeth or anything. I mean, he just got those darn teeth in, he can't lose them already!! It turns out he cut his lip! So, I decide to feed him first. They are still both screaming as I get Kyle in his jammies and start feeding him. Now, of course, Kyle is fine. Jackson, on the other hand, is screaming like there is no tomorrow. It was a pissed off, tired, hungry, I-am-going-to-remember-this-in-therapy kind of cry! It was heart wrenching to hear. Seriously, it broke my heart. But this is the way it has to be most of the time. There is only one of me! Luckily, everyone got fed and put to bed and I think they have already forgotten all about it because they both seem to like me still! So, I guess I can add nurse to my resume.
Speaking of resume, Travis' last day at work is either today or tomorrow. He honestly feels like this is the best course for us. It's still a little scary, to say the least! I have had a hard time taking this all in. With his company this isn't just business, it's personal. They are personally going after him. And it makes me angry. I have spent a lot of time this week trying to move past the anger. Because, really, what good is it going to do? They don't care! It just hurts me. So, I am trying to be the bigger person. It sucks!
Since I am just rambling anyway, let me tell you about my poor husband! This is a sad story! You see, Travis and Austin both love hockey. Austin has totally gotten into lately. He loves to watch it and play the game on the Playstation. Travis likes the Colorado Avalanche. The Avs (Avalanche) and the Detroit Red Wings are bitter rivals. So, he has taught the boys to say "Red Wings suck!" Well, the Stanley Cup playoffs have been going on and it's been the Red Wings against the Pittsburgh Penguins. Travis, of course, has been rooting for the Penguins. Well, Austin started rooting for the Red Wings! It just killed Travis! The Red Wings won the Cup last night. Austin was thrilled. Travis, not so much! I think he feels a little betrayed. I tried to tell hims that Austin is just being independent. Travis doesn't like it. He would love it if our kids could all stay babies! Poor guy!
4 comments:
It sounds like you had a rough night! I am sorry! The twins are always going to love you no matter what, as they get older they will realize it was not easy for you to take care of both of them, you do an awesome job. As for Travis, I am so sorry, I know this is hard on you but remember that you are strong and will make it through! Love Ya and if you need anything, please ask! I may be far away but will do anything even if it is just listen to you vent!
wow, you are so strong, I am amazed at how great you are! Let me know what turns out with Trav and a job!
I know what you mean!! When both boys were little, I went through that. I was constantly putting a hungry Connor down so that I could help Ethan, knowing it would take longer to feed Connor than it would to fix E's problem. Luckily kids forgive very easily!
I hope that everything gets better soon. You are incredibly strong and I am sure Travis is leaning on you right now. Just keep your chin up. I can ask my bro. in law if he knows of any job openings, if you would like. I don't know if he can help but I can ask. Just let me know.
You're in my thoughts and prayers!
Ahh Beth, I've totally been there on the twin thing. You are doing a great job, trust me!! I really hope things work out for Travis and a job. I know things will, it's just hard seeing the bigger picture and what Heavenly Father has in store for you when you are caught up in the quick of it, I hope things fall into place quickly for you guys. Again, if you need anything please call me...
Post a Comment