Saturday, June 28, 2008

On his way...

Well, Travis is on his way to Colorado. His dad flew down yesterday so he could drive up with him. I am really grateful he doesn't have to drive all that way alone! Austin, as I had suspected, totally lost it when Travis left. He was sobbing for a good 20 minutes. It broke my heart. I knew it was coming and I was prepared for it, but it was so hard to actually watch. I know Travis had a hard time leaving. Austin clung to him so tight that I had to pull him off! Collin doesn't really understand. I think he will probably get upset in a few days when Travis doesn't come back. He was actually more upset that Grandpa left!

Now that Travis has left, it finally feels real. We are actually going. I still don't really know how to feel. I am sad and excited. How is that possible? It's just not normal to look forward to something and dread it all at the same time. I do know that I can't wait to be with Travis again. It's gonna be a long 4 weeks...

5 comments:

k.young said...

You are brave. I hate it when Hunter and I are apart, for many reasons, but it is hard to be a single Mom!! Good luck!!

Anonymous said...

I'm here for you any time you need me. You know my boys love playing with their cousins so any time you need a break, just bring them over!

Debi said...

I know that it is going to be hard but you are a hecka strong person so I have no doubt that you will do just fine! I am here if you need someone to talk too I just wish I was closer! Give the boys a hug from me and have Austin give you a hug from me!Love Ya

Your favorite sister said...

Poor Austin. It is so hard to watch them say their goodbyes. I hope he feels better soon. My kids all like to have a picture of their Dad by their bed.I don't know if that will help Austin but...

I have 4 weeks left until Ben comes back. So know that you have a kindred spirit. We will have a countdown together!

Stacey said...

Okay, so I just looked at your little current weather ticker thingies and here it says 108 and in Littleton 80, so I'm totally envious that you are getting out of this heat drenched oven we call home...But I will miss you so boo!