Monday, November 19, 2007
I just can't win
So, I totally feel like the worst mom in the entire world!! You see, I was in cleaning the bathroom, when I heard Kyle start to cry. I ran into the front room and asked Collin what happened. The only problem, I couldn't find Collin. I eventually found him hiding in his room. I asked him what happened. He told me he hit the baby. What?! What exactly do you mean. Again he tells me he hit the baby. I panic! I run down to make sure Kyle is okay. Once I get him calmed down, I go back up and yell at Collin. And I mean yell. Honestly, I know he doesn't want to hurt them, but he just can't go around hitting them! In somewhat of a panic, I call our pediatricians office to see what I should do about Kyle. Do I need to take him in to be looked at or just watch for something at home? Well, the lady basically told me that I should take him to the emergency room and explain to them what happened. She then told me that they will probably call CPS (child protective services). My first thought was that Collin didn't mean to hurt his brother. But, she quickly pointed out that this was all my fault. To put it in her words "Usually you really shouldn't leave a 3 year old in the room with a 3 month old alone." What? So, I am a bad parent for trying to clean my house? I was only a few feet away. So, to put it simply, my day has gone from bad to worse.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I am so sorry that you are having such a bad day. Did Collin say why he hit Kyle? If you need to talk please call. Love Ya keep your head high I know that you can get through all of this, you are strong.
As it turns out, Collin poked him in the eye! I was feeding Kyle when Collin started poking me and he said that he was hitting me. So I asked him if that was what he was doing to Kyle. He smiled his sweet little smile and said yes. So I asked him where he was poking the baby and he pointed to his nose. Then he pointed to his eye. He then said it was just an accident. What a lot of drama for a little poked eye! I am still so upset about what they told me on the phone. I guess I will have to take Collin with me when I have to go potty or anything else!!
that is good that Collin told you what he did but yea I can see where it would be scary and upsetting.
Beth, I am sorry that your day turned out that way. But can I tell you something...from a mother of 4 to another mother of 4? Everyday, we have to do the best that we can. When Ethan was little, I used to make him "deal" until I could take care of H's needs. If I didn't, she would make it harder on me! When Connor was the baby, it was E & H who got their needs met first. We do the best that we can. Someone sitting on the phone, who doesn't know you, can not comment. Do not let her get to you. You are a mother. Not just to the twins. If you felt the need to clean the bathroom, so be it. You are doing fine. Let her deal with your exact situation and see how she does!
I'll tell you, I am SO DONE with calling the doctor's office for advice! You never get to talk to the doctor, it's always a nurse, or worse, the receptionist. They will never tell you that it's okay over the phone because they can't see the patient and there is a huge liability for them if they told you to wait it out when it was actually a big problem. They always tell you to come in or to go to the ER. No thanks, I'll just keep my own counsel (or that of a trusted friend) so that you can't make me feel guilty for not seeking medical attention at the drop of a hat.
Post a Comment