Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Are you kidding me?

So, late last night I was laying in bed reading. When the sudden sound of the phone ringing startled me. I checked the clock and realized it was a few minutes past 10. Who would be calling me this late? I knew it wouldn't be Travis, he would call me on my cell phone. I checked the caller ID with all of the crazy ideas of who it could be playing in my mind. I literally said aloud "Are you kidding me?" I recognized the name on the caller ID as one of Austin's friends from school. A girl. This isn't the first time she has called my house either. She called Sunday but told me she was someone else when I asked who it was. She and Austin talked for about 10 minutes! Austin has no idea what they talked about or he just isn't telling me! Back to last night, I asked her if her parents knew that she was calling. She told me they didn't. I then told her it was a little late to be calling friends and that she should try back tomorrow. Seriously, aren't they a little to young to be on the phone?! I can understand when his friends call to see if they can set up a play date, but to just talk? Maybe it's a good thing we are moving....

1 comment:

k.young said...

Wow. That is a little young, especially for a girl!! Yikes. Can't kids just stay little forever??