Thursday, July 24, 2008

My List

People seem to think it's important for me to be positive about this move, mostly for my kids. I tend to agree. Here are some things I will not miss about living in Arizona!

1. Bugs - I HATE bugs and everywhere we have lived down here seems to attract some type of insect. And gross ones, like cockroaches. I won't miss those.

2. Heat - Let's face it, the heat sucks! It's too hot to do anything but swim or go someplace that has air conditioning. The problem is when you leave that place and your car is so hot it feels like you are stepping into an oven. Not gonna miss that!

3. The lack of a cool downtown - I hail from the Bay area. I love big cities. Phoenix really lacks a central downtown hub. Denver does not. I think there is more to do in Denver. Heck, you don't have to go half way to California to attend a football game! I am looking forward to having cool new things to do with my kids!

That's my list for now. I am sure I will think of some other things too. A part of me is so excited to go, but a part of me will always be in Gilbert!

3 comments:

Jaymie and Donna Jones said...

Hey here is another cool thing.... you will probably beable to actually have a white christmas!!! YAY!!!

Anonymous said...

Another plus, Denver has a way better zoo and it's not too hot to visit it!

Debi said...

I am excited on having a new vacation spot and new things to do with the boys also! Can not wait! Maybe even see some snow myself, you know that is something we do not see much of here in the Bay Area!