Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Changes

I guess the reality of moving is finally starting to settle in. And I am really sad. I love living where I do, I love Austin's school and I LOVE my ward. I am having a really hard time with this move. I put on the happy, positive face for my kids. I don't want them to know how I really feel. They are resilient, they are just kids. Change has never been a strong suit for me. I don't like it. It makes me uncomfortable and anxious. I lived in the same little city (it was little back then) for 17 years. I went to school with the same people most of that time. I really wanted that for my kids. But when I think about it, I guess it really doesn't matter. Nothing stays the same anymore. And, to be honest, I don't really keep in touch with anyone from school anymore. Not even the ones that I considered to be my best friends. Maybe that is what makes me so nervous. Will I still be friends with my wonderful friends that I have made here? Will we keep in touch? Or do I really have to start all over again? I wish life were really more like TV shows. I love the show Friends. But let's face it, who would ever really be friends that long? Do people really have that? I do have some terrific friends that have managed to stay in touch with over the years. I love them like family. And we don't live close. So, I guess long distance relationships can work. I don't know...I am just feeling overly sentimental today. I just really am anxious and sad about this move....

I realize this post doesn't make much sense. Sorry!!

3 comments:

Your favorite sister said...

Oh darling. I can totally relate. We are so much alike it is scary!:) Same town my whole life...Ricks was my big venture out of teeny tiny White Salmon. I thought my kids would grow up in one house their whole life like I did. So not the way our life turned out. When I left Norfolk, I wondered if I would make friends over here. And now I know I am going to be sad when we move on again and I have to do it all over. So I totally understand! I am thinking about you!

k.young said...

I don't think anybody really likes change. There are people that may be "better" at it, but can anybody really like it??
I'm sorry you are having such a hard time. I hope it gets easier for you.

Debi said...

I am so sorry you are having a hard time! I wish I was closer and that I could be there for you when you need it the most! You will find new friends and I know you will keep your old ones also! I can also promise you somethig I AM NOT GOING ANYWHERE YOU ARE STUCK WITH ME FOREVER!!!! You are the litte sister I never had and your kids are the newphews I never got! LOVE YA!