Tuesday, August 21, 2007
I am tired....
I honestly had no idea how difficult caring for newborn, premature twins would really be. I know it sounds really stupid, but I just figured they would fit into our routine. I really thought I could do it all....be a supermom. Well, I can't. And it isn't everyday that I will admit to being wrong. This is the hardest thing I have ever done. The last few weeks have been some of the hardest for me. I had these precious babies way too early. I can't begin to tell you how scary it was. I am not sure how I made it through those days while they were in the hospital. The first time I saw them all hooked up to monitors made me cry. I wondered what I had done wrong. Why did they come so early? But, they were here and we dealt with it. I went back and forth to the hospital for several days. That was also exhausting. I felt guilty for not being at home and I felt guilty for not being at the hospital. It was so hard...words can't even begin to tell you. And unless you have ever had to do it, you just wouldn't understand. The day after we brought our little babies home, Austin started kindergarten. What a huge adjustment for him and for me. I miss him during the day and I think he misses me too! Those first few days were so hard on Austin and it was so frustrating for me to watch. It's been a lot to go through in such a short amount of time. Our finances are strained and so is our patience. I can see it on my husband's face and I know he can see it in mine. I can't get anything done during the day and it is so frustrating for me. I used to pride myself and being able to handle things. I just can't do it anymore. I feel like I am at a total breaking point. I find myself yelling at Austin and Collin for the littlest things and I cry at the drop of a hat. I have to believe that it will get easier and/or better soon. I am afraid that if it doesn't, I will crack! Maybe I just need some sleep.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh hon! I wish that there was something I could do or say to make it all better for you. I haven't had to do what you have, but I know how hard it is to want to be supermom and feel like you are coming up short. But I can tell you that you are not coming up short. You are doing a fabulous job! Keep it up! I love yah and I sent a little somethin', somethin' your way! :) Keep your chin up and I will be praying for you!
You are doing great Beth. I can only imagine how hard it is to be in your position right now. I know that you will get through this and everything will be great. I pray for you all the time, and really wish I was closer so that I could help you more. If you need anything, even if it is a shoulder to cry on please call, I am here for you! Love ya Miss Ya a ton
Hi Beth
I feel so bad for you. We had a huge adjustment when we brought home Kaden too and that was just 1 baby. Just remember it gets BETTER. If you need anything even driving Austin to school or picking him up PLEASE let me know. I would love to help please call me and I mean that.
Nancy
Beth, you ARE supermom if it took four kids and newborn twins to finally hit you!! I am so impressed with how you are holding up (I was quite nervous for your predicament when I heard about the double pregnancy). The thing I learned with both my kids is that it took a solid 3 months after the birth before I began to enjoy life again. I know that isn't encouraging but I am guessing you have a better batting average than me. Keep doing what you're doing (i.e. venting and sharing your feelings with others when you're having a hard time-- even if it's just with your kids, it feels better once you have said it). Love ya tons! Also, thank you for your hard work on this blog and keeping us up to date. I am trying to be better about writing on mine more than once a month.
Post a Comment