
So, Austin stayed home from school today. He was too sick to go! Yesterday he woke up with a little cough. He said he felt fine and he had no fever, so I sent him to school. When I picked him up at the end of the day he had a note from the school nurse that he had been seen by her. It just said that he was sent there for a cough and that he had no fever so they had him rest for awhile before sending him back to class. Later that night, I noticed he was acting very tired and then I felt him. Sure enough he was toasting!! Since I finally bought a thermometer, I took his temperature and it was 101.2. So, I gave him Motrin and sent him to bed. I called the doctor this morning and made an appointment. We went to that and it turns out he just has some kind of viral infection. They did send us to do some x-rays, but they looked fine. So, we have to keep giving him Motrin and keep him drinking fluids. I guess we did hit another milestone today....the first time I called his school to report his absence! I am sure I will do it plenty more times! We are hoping he will be back to his regular self soon!!
1 comment:
Poor guy! I know how he feels though! I have a bad head cold and it is making it hard to get things done! I hope he gets better soon!
Post a Comment