So, I am learning that there are somethings I need to just let go. I can't allow myself to feel guilty about some of the things I do or don't do. For example:
1. My house is a mess. I don't feel guilty about it. I can't. I have more important things to do. Like feeding the twins and building tracks with Collin and helping Austin with homework. Let's be honest...playing with my kids is more fun anyway.
2. I bribe my kids. I know....it's terrible. But it works and makes my life easier. I bribe them with anything.....watching TV, playing video games or a new toy. It depends on what I want them to do and how desperate I am!
3. Collin watches way too much TV. I can't help it. It's the easiest way to entertain him so I can get a few things done.
4. I run my dishwasher even if it's not full. Lately we have been eating off of paper plates and I haven't had to cook much because I have had a freezer full of meals that just needed to be heated up. So, all that needs to be washed are a few smaller things like bowls and sippy cups. When I am running out of sippy cups, I run the dishwasher. I know...I could wash them by hand. But who has the time for that?
5. I go to Target way too much. I love it there. I could just wander around for hours. The twins usually sleep in their stroller and Collin is really good as long as he gets to look at toys. I guess Target is a little escape for me. It gets me out of the house and I get a soda!
So, there you have it! Some of the things I do (or don't do) to make my life a little easier. And, hey, they work for me so they can't be that bad!!
1 comment:
You are doing great and there is nothing wrong with the things you do! And as far as going to Target to much I don't think that is possible, it is your enjoyment and time to think and see new things.
Keep up the great work! I love you and miss you terrible.
Post a Comment