Well, it's officially summer! The boys started swim lessons last night. A few years ago, Austin took swim lessons and hated them. He was in the beginner class and had one teacher who insisted he put his face in the water for 5 seconds. (this was a requirement to move onto the next level.) Anyway, Austin didn't want to do it, but the teacher kept trying. At first, he was just encouraging him to do it. But after awhile he was trying to force him. It got to the point that I stopped taking Austin because he was so scared. Anyway, he has had NO desire to even try them again until this year! So we signed him up. Because he is 6 he moved up to the Level classes. (Just means he's not in the preschool classes anymore.) He did awesome at his first lesson. I am glad he is ready to learn. Collin would probably live in the water if we would let him. He loves swim classes and we have to remind him to listen to his teacher and not just swim off!! Here are some pictures from last night!

Collin with his class

I know it's kind of hard to tell, but this is Austin with his teacher. He had just swam out with her and was on his way back.
2 comments:
That was totally Connor! I tried everything I could to bribe him. Nothing worked. We eventually took him out and worked with him on our own. So I am going to put them all into swim lessons again. Once Harm got past the whole putting her face in the water, she was a total fish and just loved it. It is so important to learn though!
YAY for summer!! :)
Post a Comment