So, the school year is winding down and I just can't believe how quickly it's gone. School never went this fast for me!! Although my mom might think it did! Anyway we have had a lot going on and the next few days will be busy too! On Thursday night we went to Austin's school for the Kids Care Club reception. Earlier in the school year they did a project where they wrote letters to members of the military from Arizona stationed in Iraq and Afghanistan. The following month they put together care packages for them. Well, one of the guys who received one was very touched and wrote a super sweet letter that they sent home in February. Well, he made a very special appearance at the reception! It was awesome for the kids to meet someone that they helped! He had a great slide presentation for everyone that showed what it's really like over there. I think Travis enjoyed it more than anyone else! So, here is a picture of Austin getting his certificate for participating in the club and one with the soldier. I am so mad that I can't remember his name!!


Today Collin's preschool had a field trip! We went to the Tempe Town Lake where the kids played in the water! Collin was so excited and had so much fun! I didn't get a lot of pictures because I didn't want to venture too far away from the twins who were hanging out in the shade! But, here are a few cute ones!


I didn't get out there and get wet because Travis and I decided it would be a great idea to go swimming at my mom's over the weekend and not wear sunscreen! I am as red as a lobster and so is Travis! We were both so sun sick, it was ridiculous! I am sure when my mom reads this she will say "I told you so!" And she is right! You would think by now we would be smart enough to listen to our parents! Also, I added a little weather thing over on the side so everyone who doesn't live here can see how insanely hot it is! And those of us who do live here can wonder why!
4 comments:
Oh, I totally need to take the kids to the Tempe splash park. They would have fun, I think anyway, not too sure after how they acted at the primary activity, lol.
You are so funny although I have the oppisot going on, Kylie went to play in the sprinklers a coulpe weeks ago and she was like "mommy sun lotion" But I didn't listen because she never stays out there more than 5 mins, well you can guess what happened.. she stayed out longer I lost track of time and she got burnt, now she won't let me live it down each and every time we go out to play in the water she reminds me of her sun burn and that I need to put sun lotion on her!!!! :p
That's so cool about Austin. It looks like Collin was having lots of fun. Buck and I can relate to the sunburn. We've been so worried about the boys, we've forgotten about ourselves.
I love the picture of Austin and the soldier. That is so awesome. I can relate to the school thing it never seemed like school went by fast for us! I am sorry that I can not relate to the sunburn, because I really do not burn easy so I hardly ever get burnt! I hope the next couple of days is smooth for you! Also I am sorry about the weather. I know I should not complain but it has been in the 100's here too the last couple of days! Odd for this area and time of the year
Post a Comment