Thursday, May 15, 2008

Swinging Babies


So, the twins went to the doctor today. It was their 9 month check up. Jackson weighs 17 lbs 1 oz and is in the 3rd percentile for his weight. Kyle weighs 17 lbs 15 oz and is in the 10th percentile for his weight. I really don't think they are that small for their age. Luckily they are growing at a very good rate and that is all that the doctor cares about.
I was mostly concerned with their development. But, after talking to the doctor, they really aren't that far behind of a full term baby at the same age. They aren't pulling themselves up yet or babbling. Other than those things, they seem to be right on track. I was pretty relieved because I thought that they would be REALLY far behind. But it looks like they are going to be just fine.
They are doing well with eating too. That was another area of concern for me. It's been hard to get them on a schedule when our days are so crazy. But they are eating exactly the way the doctor would like them to be. So, we are good there too.
All in all, it was a good appointment. They only got one shot this time, but they did prick their toes to check their iron. They were good and so was Collin. Wahoo!

2 comments:

Debi said...

I am very happy to hear that Jackson and Kyle are doing so good! I had no doubt but I am sure that it was a concern. I love the picture!

k.young said...

Yay for your babies doing so well! Time flies by so fast. It is crazy!! Do you think you guys will have anymore kids??